Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen turns purple, the fades into black then phone restarts

I’ve seen this issue posted about here before not no one really offered anything helpful. The phone I have is fairly new, at least I think it is. Each time I use it the screen suddenly gets this dark purple hue then fades to a dark screen with static lines. The audio can still be heard but I can’t do anything about it. The phone then restarts and I have to start whatever I was doing again. It’s so annoying. The weird thing is that the previous iPhone I have (the same kind) had the exact same problem and I had it changed because of it but this one also has the same issue. Is it something with Apple themselves? The phone is the 11 pro max. I need help because even the person I bought the phone from is kinda useless

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 3:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 6:15 AM

It could be a failing battery but no one could make a proper diagnosis without actually looking at it. Make an appointment at the Genius Bar to have it diagnosed.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

To check your battery health, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health. If it is near or below 80%, then the problem is your battery.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2023 6:15 AM in response to Kskwpsm

It could be a failing battery but no one could make a proper diagnosis without actually looking at it. Make an appointment at the Genius Bar to have it diagnosed.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

To check your battery health, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health. If it is near or below 80%, then the problem is your battery.

Feb 23, 2024 8:47 AM in response to B1232

B1232 wrote:

screen keeps freezing then the pixels slowly turn purple and the phone reboots health is 86% so deffo not a battery problem

Kurtosis12 gave you the right advice. It sounds like a hardware issue on your phone, but we can't diagnose or fix it for you. You need to schedule an appointment at your closest Apple Store Genius Bar for evaluation and service options. He even provided a link you can use to make an appointment.

Screen turns purple, the fades into black then phone restarts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.