I lost my phone and cannot get Find my phone to work

Simply lost my phone and I do not have it linked to my iPad to use the Find my phone AP.

Why can I not use another users phone to find mine?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 7:09 AM

Read this support article to find out how to use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item. Click here --> Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

- A person can use the Find My app on a device owned by someone in their Family Sharing group.

- Alternatively, anybody can sign into https://www.icloud.com/find to locate their device using a browser. You don't need a two-factor code if you use any internet browser and log into www.icloud.com/find

Note that the address must include the "/find" as shown above.

This support article has a list of things to do if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen. --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2023 7:09 AM in response to Emma-Peel-65

Read this support article to find out how to use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item. Click here --> Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

- A person can use the Find My app on a device owned by someone in their Family Sharing group.

- Alternatively, anybody can sign into https://www.icloud.com/find to locate their device using a browser. You don't need a two-factor code if you use any internet browser and log into www.icloud.com/find

Note that the address must include the "/find" as shown above.

This support article has a list of things to do if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen. --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

I lost my phone and cannot get Find my phone to work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.