Why is there an exclamation point over my wifi logo?

I have updated and restarted my laptop multiple times and it still will not let me connect to any wifis, it only will connect to hotspots.

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 8:33 AM

From Wi-Fi menu icons on Mac - Apple Support

No internet. This icon is displayed when a router and IP address can’t be assigned to the Wi-Fi interface.

This means you have no internet connection assigned/available to the router/gateway you are trying to connect to.

Try rebooting your router/gateway (power it off / unplug it from power for a few minutes, then power it back on, waiting for at least five minutes for the router to try to reestablish the internet connection from your internet service provider).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2023 8:33 AM in response to wifiexclamationpoint

From Wi-Fi menu icons on Mac - Apple Support

No internet. This icon is displayed when a router and IP address can’t be assigned to the Wi-Fi interface.

This means you have no internet connection assigned/available to the router/gateway you are trying to connect to.

Try rebooting your router/gateway (power it off / unplug it from power for a few minutes, then power it back on, waiting for at least five minutes for the router to try to reestablish the internet connection from your internet service provider).

Why is there an exclamation point over my wifi logo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.