Related Article: About Apple USB power adapters

Where can i find a european USB-C 20W Power adapter made by Apple? One that will work in France.

I live in the USA but travel to France frequently. My new iPhone requires a USB-C 20W Power adapter. I am looking for the version that will work in France and I can only find cheap knock-off brands on Amazon. Can anyone recommend a website?

iPhone 13 mini

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 9:41 AM

4 replies

Aug 31, 2023 3:15 PM in response to VIATJAIRE

You won't be able to buy the European Apple 20 W adapter in the U.S., but you could buy the adapter once you get to France at an Apple Store or shop that sells that Apple goods. The advantage here would be that the power adapter will fit in the standard European wall plug that is used in France.

The disadvantage would be that you will only be able to use the power supply in Europe, because the supply will not fit into the standard U.S. wall plug.

An even simpler solution would to purchase an adapter that would allow you plug in the U.S. type plug on your current power supply and then plug the adapter into the wall socket in France. Then, you could use the same power adapter in the U.S and in France.

The adapter would look something like this:

Amazon has them as do the shops in the airport in France. Better hotels almost always have adapters like this as well.

Aug 31, 2023 4:26 PM in response to Bob Timmons

hi bob,

thanks for the thoughtful reply. the obvious answer suddenly came to me as i was reading your rmessage. i am going to buy the wall adaptor at the french apple store online and have it delivered to my mom's (who is 85) in france. this way i will have it when i arrive. i always have two sets of adapters, one for the US and one for continental europe. with my new iPhone, the wall adaptors i own is obsolete. so much waste. anyway, you somehow trigged the best solution.

good day!

philippe

Dec 6, 2023 4:29 PM in response to VIATJAIRE

In the past, U.S. power supplies would work in Europe, excepting that the physical prongs on that power supply would not match the European receptacle/electrical socket on the wall. One needed to place an adapter between the power supply and the wall socket. I am assuming this continues to be true. So it is not about buying a new power supply, it's about researching and purchasing the correct adapter (Types C and F in Europe). These adapters are easy to find and very inexpensive. However, a new USB C/European power supply will also work. It will also be more expensive.

Dec 7, 2023 6:04 AM in response to sapple111

thanks for the reply. much appreciated. the physical prongs is the problem here. i simply don't like using international adaptors. they take room and they are flimsy. i solved the problem though. i went on the French apple store and had the usb-c 20w adaptor mailed to a friend in france. she came to visit in november and brought it to me.

Where can i find a european USB-C 20W Power adapter made by Apple? One that will work in France.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.