Wifi always connecting to the same non existing network

Hello, I've traveled to Brazil a year ago and connected there to a wifi network named "Catarinense".

Ever since, whenever I'm trying to connect to a new network, first it tries to connect to this network, and only after exiting the screen and retrying to connect to the new network, I can type the password and connect to the network I want. Of course the Catarinense network is not even available or existing when I'm trying to connect to other ones.

Any idea on how to stop that? I can't even do "forget this network" as it doesn't remember it and asks me for the password.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 12:41 PM

I assume you are asking about an iPhone, because you posted in the iPhone forum. If this is about the MacBook Pro in your profile please say so, because the answer will be different.

First, Go to Settings/General/VPN & Device Management and see if there is a profile for this network. If there is tap on it and delete it.

If there isn’t, the only other option is to reset network settings.

Open Settings

• Tap General
  • Tap Transfer or Reset Phone
  • Tap  Reset
  • Tap Reset Network Settings

This will erase all Wi-Fi passwords, but will not result in any other data loss.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2023 12:41 PM in response to itayomer

I assume you are asking about an iPhone, because you posted in the iPhone forum. If this is about the MacBook Pro in your profile please say so, because the answer will be different.

First, Go to Settings/General/VPN & Device Management and see if there is a profile for this network. If there is tap on it and delete it.

If there isn’t, the only other option is to reset network settings.

Open Settings

• Tap General
  • Tap Transfer or Reset Phone
  • Tap  Reset
  • Tap Reset Network Settings

This will erase all Wi-Fi passwords, but will not result in any other data loss.

Wifi always connecting to the same non existing network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.