I want to clear up the left panel of imessages on mac

I can't unpin contacts. It is filled with maps, photos, documents and links. I cannot find anyway to change this back, or do anything but ask for more of these categories.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 11:56 AM

Hi there Jarmaracark,

We see you need help with unpinning contacts from your Messages app on your Mac. First, we'll refer to the helpful guide that walks through this here: Pin a conversation in Messages on Mac

To unpin a conversation, drag it out of the section or Control-click it, then choose Unpin.

When you try to do that, if the result doesn't unpin what you are selecting, reply back with what specifically happens. Also, try restarting your Mac, then unpinning. Sometimes a restart will resolve an issue.

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2023 11:56 AM in response to Jarmaracark

Hi there Jarmaracark,

We see you need help with unpinning contacts from your Messages app on your Mac. First, we'll refer to the helpful guide that walks through this here: Pin a conversation in Messages on Mac

To unpin a conversation, drag it out of the section or Control-click it, then choose Unpin.

When you try to do that, if the result doesn't unpin what you are selecting, reply back with what specifically happens. Also, try restarting your Mac, then unpinning. Sometimes a restart will resolve an issue.

Best regards.

I want to clear up the left panel of imessages on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.