Old Ipad 2

I bought a second hand ipad 2 i tihnk it is, but i did'nt get any apple id to get into the ipad. can i get in to it. thanks

Windows, 10

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 2:24 PM

Antony1910 wrote:

I bought a second hand ipad 2 i tihnk it is, but i did'nt get any apple id to get into the ipad.

Nor should you have. The iPad should have been wiped, and set back to the Hello screen, and no Apple ID should be required.

can i get in to it. thanks

Depends on what you see when you turn it on. If its asking for a passcode, or its sitting at Activation Lock screen, you won't be able to get into it at all, unless it has been removed from the previous owners Apple ID.

click here ➜ Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You should probably return it and request a refund from the seller.

The most you can try to do, is to restore it to factory settings, and hope its not still tied to the previous owner's Apple ID and Find My is not turned on.

click here ➜ Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2023 2:24 PM in response to Antony1910

Antony1910 wrote:

I bought a second hand ipad 2 i tihnk it is, but i did'nt get any apple id to get into the ipad.

Nor should you have. The iPad should have been wiped, and set back to the Hello screen, and no Apple ID should be required.

can i get in to it. thanks

Depends on what you see when you turn it on. If its asking for a passcode, or its sitting at Activation Lock screen, you won't be able to get into it at all, unless it has been removed from the previous owners Apple ID.

click here ➜ Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You should probably return it and request a refund from the seller.

The most you can try to do, is to restore it to factory settings, and hope its not still tied to the previous owner's Apple ID and Find My is not turned on.

click here ➜ Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Sep 1, 2023 1:37 PM in response to Antony1910

Hiya Phil thanks for your reply, yes it is asking for apple id and password , i did factory restore through I tunes but still asking for the same. I'm hoping the lady gets an alert from apple and removes it from her account, maybe she will. as i said i only gave a tenner for it. cant believe i didn't ask for the details. Never mind. Thanks again Phil.

Old Ipad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.