Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

missing hidden photo folder on my ipad. hidden file is turned on when i check settings

The hidden folder in the photo app is missing on my iPad. I checked settings and it is turned on.

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 2:12 PM

For the hidden folder/album to be visible, you must first enable the hidden album in iPad settings:

Settings > Photos > Show Hidden Album - set to ON

Having enabled the album, for the album itself to be accessible, you must now assign at least one photo to the hidden album… 

From your Photo Library, identify a photo that you intend to hide. Tap the Selectbutton at top-right of the Photo App window - and individually select the photo(s) that you wish to add to the Hidden album. When you’ve selected the images that you wish to hide, tap the ellipsis button (…) at bottom right of the screen. A menu will appear; tap Hide.

Having initially added photos to your Hidden photo album, this album can be directly accessed from the Photos sidebar.

Additional description of using this feature can be found here:

Hide photos on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2023 2:12 PM in response to IssermoyerJ

For the hidden folder/album to be visible, you must first enable the hidden album in iPad settings:

Settings > Photos > Show Hidden Album - set to ON

Having enabled the album, for the album itself to be accessible, you must now assign at least one photo to the hidden album… 

From your Photo Library, identify a photo that you intend to hide. Tap the Selectbutton at top-right of the Photo App window - and individually select the photo(s) that you wish to add to the Hidden album. When you’ve selected the images that you wish to hide, tap the ellipsis button (…) at bottom right of the screen. A menu will appear; tap Hide.

Having initially added photos to your Hidden photo album, this album can be directly accessed from the Photos sidebar.

Additional description of using this feature can be found here:

Hide photos on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac - Apple Support

missing hidden photo folder on my ipad. hidden file is turned on when i check settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.