Text Replacement Not Woking in some cases (still happen on Ventura 13.4.1 )

We can define Text Replacements from System Settings / Keyboard, but some of them does not work. It is possible to save and load the replacements to .plist file. What I found that this .plist does not match the db

~/Library/KeyboardServices/TextReplacements.db

You can edit this sqlite3 database using CUI or GUI. You need rebooting to make the changes effects.

This fix the problem.

Can I avoid reboot?

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 6:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 7:40 PM

Shinji Kono wrote:

We can define Text Replacements from System Settings / Keyboard, but some of them does not work. It is possible to save and load the replacements to .plist file. What I found that this .plist does not match the db
You can edit this sqlite3 database using CUI or GUI. You need rebooting to make the changes effects.
This fix the problem.

Can I avoid reboot?

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.5.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2023 7:40 PM in response to Shinji Kono

Shinji Kono wrote:

This fix the problem.

Can I avoid reboot?

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.5.1

Text Replacement Not Woking in some cases (still happen on Ventura 13.4.1 )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.