Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

No Audio Record while screen recording Messenger Video Call

While screen recording Messenger Video Call, no sound is recorded. What is the reason?

I have even on microphone. While I long press on the screen recording button, it shows options like photos, messenger, facebook, instagram, tiktok.

Sound is recorded on photos and tiktok option but not in Messenger Video call.

I even select Messenger before screen recording and then I started screen recording and then make a video call on Messenger but no sound recorded. The option automatically selects the photos and record the screen with no sound.

I have even tries to select Messenger option before screen recording it shows start broadcast. I click start broadcast but after this my messenger video stops but other sides people can be seen. Though it don't record screen.

I have iPhone 14 Pro Max. Please help me !!!!

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 4:06 AM

4 replies

Dec 22, 2023 8:23 AM in response to zaneta49

Were you able to do it while calling though? The microphone is available during a regular screen recording, but I have never had success with a phone call.

It might be an issue of the microphone being “used” by another application. It might also be intentional by Apple for privacy purposes, as recording phone calls without consent is illegal in most jurisdictions.

There are 3rd party recording apps for phone calls however. I suggest that OP give these a try as it is a known issue with the built-in screen recording and likely won’t be changed.

No Audio Record while screen recording Messenger Video Call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.