Others are hearing static/popping noise when I talk to them on the phone with my AirPods Pro

I do not hear any static or other noises, but multiple different people in different settings have commented that they hear a loud static/crackling noise when speaking to me when I use AirPods Pro. This does not occur when I take them out and use iPhone. Same is happening on video calls on MacBook with AirPods. I have tried to disconnect and reconnect and turn off noise cancelling, but it's still happening.

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 10:14 AM

Hello!

Let's try to fix it!

Firstly (you may have already done this but not in this way) follow the reset procedure:

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

then, try to turn off some of the noise canceling features:

AirPods Pro and AirPods Max Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode - Apple Support

You should try to turn ALL the features On/Off and see if the problem disappears :)

From what I'm reading seems like you've already tried this but it's worth checking if you've made all the steps!

I would also try to clean the AirPods:

if Active Noise Cancellation isn’t working as expected on your AirPods Pro

and check this article about the production date:

AirPods Pro Service Program for Sound Issues - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2023 10:14 AM in response to TheChutes

Hello!

Let's try to fix it!

Firstly (you may have already done this but not in this way) follow the reset procedure:

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

then, try to turn off some of the noise canceling features:

AirPods Pro and AirPods Max Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode - Apple Support

You should try to turn ALL the features On/Off and see if the problem disappears :)

From what I'm reading seems like you've already tried this but it's worth checking if you've made all the steps!

I would also try to clean the AirPods:

if Active Noise Cancellation isn’t working as expected on your AirPods Pro

and check this article about the production date:

AirPods Pro Service Program for Sound Issues - Apple Support

Others are hearing static/popping noise when I talk to them on the phone with my AirPods Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.