Payment Not Completed - Free App Download Apple Store

When I try to download a new free app, it get an error message 'Payment not Completed.' This is a new thing. I've use the Apple Store all the time for free and paid apps. I did all the steps recommended to fix and still nothing.

No outstanding payments. Re-added my card info. Turned off VPN. Turned phone off & on. Wifi is good. Phone is up to date. Signed in/out of media etc...

My bank said the card is fine. No restrictions. Apple Support Chat is useless. They just repeat the basic info from the site. Been trying to fix this for an hour just to get an app.

My main frustration is a serious decline in Apple's customer service on chat. Wow. They just ignored me and after 15 minutes, and now I have to sign back in again and start over with another person. This is infuriating.

Every interaction I have with this company lately has been terrible. I want my old Apple back from 10 years ago.

End of rant. I still have no way to get a free app on my phone.

Can someone help me here?

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 3:23 PM

PROBLEM SOLVED: After 2 more hours of messing around in chat rooms, I went back on Apple Support Chat and got a better agent who actually had some ideas to try. He finally did solve my problem. My Touch ID stopped working for some reason. We turned it off, and I started over in the Apple store and it it worked! I finally got my Marco Polo app.

Now I have to manually enter my password every time I use the phone without Touch ID. Not ideal, but for now, at least I can get the app I needed earlier today. We did the diagnostics thing and there's no indication why it stopped working. I'll go to my store and see if they can fix it, if not too expensive.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2023 3:23 PM in response to peter4good

PROBLEM SOLVED: After 2 more hours of messing around in chat rooms, I went back on Apple Support Chat and got a better agent who actually had some ideas to try. He finally did solve my problem. My Touch ID stopped working for some reason. We turned it off, and I started over in the Apple store and it it worked! I finally got my Marco Polo app.

Now I have to manually enter my password every time I use the phone without Touch ID. Not ideal, but for now, at least I can get the app I needed earlier today. We did the diagnostics thing and there's no indication why it stopped working. I'll go to my store and see if they can fix it, if not too expensive.

Payment Not Completed - Free App Download Apple Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.