If I have an iCloud subscription but I am in a family plan with 2T can I cancel my subscription without loosing anything

I just joined my husbands family, he has 2T of storage. Can I cancel my subscription without loosing anything

iPad

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 11:54 AM

Yes you can. This is referring to the Family Organizer so you are the "family member":

"If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time." from Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

The only proviso I can think of is if you also have a 2TB plan and it is nearly full. Then your joining might not leave enough room for everybody.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2023 11:54 AM in response to Danark

Yes you can. This is referring to the Family Organizer so you are the "family member":

"If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time." from Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

The only proviso I can think of is if you also have a 2TB plan and it is nearly full. Then your joining might not leave enough room for everybody.

If I have an iCloud subscription but I am in a family plan with 2T can I cancel my subscription without loosing anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.