Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Urgent! Help, how to deal with m2ts file in Final Cut Pro or Compressor...

Dear All:

Please help me solve this urgent issue, I've got source that came with the mpeg-2 Transport Stream (48min content @ 3.42GB size) format , but both my Final Cut 6.0.6 and Compressor 3.0.5 can not open this type of file, is there any way that I can transcode this m2-ts file into a Final Cut Pro and Compressor readable format with the highest quality possible? And how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Message was edited by: Kev C

Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8-Core Xeon w/10GB RAM, Power Mac G4 dual 1G MDD, 5G iPod 60G, Mac OS X (10.5.6), Final Cut Studio 2, iLife '09

Posted on Aug 20, 2010 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2010 12:14 PM

Try ClipWrap or MPEG Streamclip.

-DH
7 replies

Aug 20, 2010 12:25 PM in response to David Harbsmeier

hey, Thanks David, actually, I used MPEG Streamclip prior to post this massage, the problem is that my
MPEG Streamclip 1.9.2 can't correctly open this m2ts file (it says it can not read the file size...) and I also tried using VLC to transcode it, but with no luck, I can not find the right video and audio format to come out with QT playalbe file. Let me try ClipWarp to see if it works.

Kevin

Urgent! Help, how to deal with m2ts file in Final Cut Pro or Compressor...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.