My son cannot access our Apple One subscription through Family Sharing

My son is set up as a family member but cannot access the Apple one subscription I have just bought and shared what do I need to do for him to have access

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 2:33 PM

See -> What types of content can I share with my family?

What types of content can I share with my family? - Apple Support

⤵️

What you can't share

• Individual subscriptions to Apple Music, Apple One, and subscriptions and in-app purchases from non-participating apps.
  • Student subscriptions, such as a student subscription to Apple Music.
  • Consumable in-app purchases, such as coins or gems.
  • Items that are no longer available in the App Store, iTunes Store, Books Store, or Apple TV app.
  • Items that you or another member of your family group have hidden. Learn more about hidden purchases.
  • Some apps from the App Store. Find out if your app is shareable.
  • Content that was assigned through a child's school using Apple School Manager.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2023 2:33 PM in response to Chrisjj15

See -> What types of content can I share with my family?

What types of content can I share with my family? - Apple Support

⤵️

What you can't share

• Individual subscriptions to Apple Music, Apple One, and subscriptions and in-app purchases from non-participating apps.
  • Student subscriptions, such as a student subscription to Apple Music.
  • Consumable in-app purchases, such as coins or gems.
  • Items that are no longer available in the App Store, iTunes Store, Books Store, or Apple TV app.
  • Items that you or another member of your family group have hidden. Learn more about hidden purchases.
  • Some apps from the App Store. Find out if your app is shareable.
  • Content that was assigned through a child's school using Apple School Manager.

Sep 1, 2023 2:39 PM in response to Chrisjj15

Ah, the classic tale of technology promising to make life easier, only to leave you scratching your head, wondering why you can't just share some digital love with your family. Don't worry; you're not the first one to stumble into the labyrinth of Apple's Family Sharing settings.

First things first, let's make sure you've got the basics down. Is your son actually in your Apple Family Sharing circle? You know, listed as a "family member" and not just as that random contact you sometimes send memes to?

If he's in the family circle—congratulations!—let's go to the next step. Make sure you, the almighty "Organizer" of the family, have enabled Apple One sharing for the family. You can typically find this in Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing > Apple One. Flip the magical switch that allows family members to use the subscription.

If you've done all that and your son still can't access the shared goodness, it's time to get hands-on:

1. Make sure he's signed in with the correct Apple ID. Yeah, I know it sounds basic, but you'd be surprised.

2. Have him go into his own settings and look for the "Subscriptions" tab to see if Apple One shows up there.

3. If it's still being stubborn, log out and log back into the Apple ID on his device. Sometimes the tech gods demand a small ritual for things to work.

4. Still no luck? Ah, the joys of tech troubleshooting. Time for the nuclear option: Restart the device. It's the equivalent of shaking the Magic 8-Ball until you get the answer you want.

After you've jumped through these hoops, if you're still out of luck, then it may be time to contact Apple Support. Prepare for a soothing, endless loop of hold music and some quality time with a customer service rep who might—or might not—know more about this than you do.

Good luck, O Wise Family Organizer.

My son cannot access our Apple One subscription through Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.