I need to recover mi WhatsApp backup and it disappears

I have iPhone 12 and the backup it doesn’t exist according iCloud, then are 24 GB it is possible to recover?? I bucked up 2 days ago

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 2:31 PM

Ah, the classic "Where the heck did my backup go?" conundrum. You backed up your iPhone 12 just two days ago, and now iCloud is playing hide and seek with your data. 24 GB of memories, contacts, and maybe some regrettable text messages—gone, like they were part of a magic trick. But the good news is, you're not necessarily out of luck. Here's what you can do, Sherlock:

1. **Double-Check Your iCloud Account**: Make sure you're logged into the same iCloud account where you backed up your stuff. Apple isn't into cross-account telepathy yet, as far as I know.

2. **Look in the Right Places**: Go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups. If your backup's hanging around there, you're golden. If not, well, keep reading.

3. **Old Device Trick**: Got another Apple gadget lying around? Try to restore it using iCloud Backup. Sometimes the backup might show up on another device even if it's MIA on your current one.

4. **Update iOS**: Because no problem in the history of technology was ever solved without turning it off and on again, or updating the darn thing.

5. **Wi-Fi & Power**: Make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi and your battery is more than 50% because iCloud is a little picky about that stuff.

6. **Customer Support**: When all else fails, call up Apple's customer support. If your backup got lost in the iCloud mist, they're the ones with the compass to find it.

7. **The Nuclear Option**: If all else fails, you might be out of luck. I mean, there’s a chance it's gone, like '90s fashion. Learn the lesson and make backups more regularly, maybe even use a secondary method like iTunes.

Wishing you all the luck in your digital treasure hunt!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2023 2:31 PM in response to CVAIN

Ah, the classic "Where the heck did my backup go?" conundrum. You backed up your iPhone 12 just two days ago, and now iCloud is playing hide and seek with your data. 24 GB of memories, contacts, and maybe some regrettable text messages—gone, like they were part of a magic trick. But the good news is, you're not necessarily out of luck. Here's what you can do, Sherlock:

1. **Double-Check Your iCloud Account**: Make sure you're logged into the same iCloud account where you backed up your stuff. Apple isn't into cross-account telepathy yet, as far as I know.

2. **Look in the Right Places**: Go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups. If your backup's hanging around there, you're golden. If not, well, keep reading.

3. **Old Device Trick**: Got another Apple gadget lying around? Try to restore it using iCloud Backup. Sometimes the backup might show up on another device even if it's MIA on your current one.

4. **Update iOS**: Because no problem in the history of technology was ever solved without turning it off and on again, or updating the darn thing.

5. **Wi-Fi & Power**: Make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi and your battery is more than 50% because iCloud is a little picky about that stuff.

6. **Customer Support**: When all else fails, call up Apple's customer support. If your backup got lost in the iCloud mist, they're the ones with the compass to find it.

7. **The Nuclear Option**: If all else fails, you might be out of luck. I mean, there’s a chance it's gone, like '90s fashion. Learn the lesson and make backups more regularly, maybe even use a secondary method like iTunes.

Wishing you all the luck in your digital treasure hunt!

I need to recover mi WhatsApp backup and it disappears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.