can I backup my mac to icloud

Can I use icloud to backup my complete macbook pro

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 7:06 AM

Kind of. If you buy the 2 Tb plan, you can probably backup all your documents, movies, etc. IN THE SENSE THAT you could keep them all on your iCloud drive. You'd have to make sure that everything was saved in foldesr on your iCloud drive, and not within the normal folders on your Mac. It's not impossible.

Niel is absolutely correct in saying you can't backup your Mac to iCloud. However, you can keep an awful lot of things in iCloud. In any case, you should always have a Time Machine backup on an external drive, at a minimum. And I mean at a minimum!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2023 7:06 AM in response to maesc2001

Kind of. If you buy the 2 Tb plan, you can probably backup all your documents, movies, etc. IN THE SENSE THAT you could keep them all on your iCloud drive. You'd have to make sure that everything was saved in foldesr on your iCloud drive, and not within the normal folders on your Mac. It's not impossible.

Niel is absolutely correct in saying you can't backup your Mac to iCloud. However, you can keep an awful lot of things in iCloud. In any case, you should always have a Time Machine backup on an external drive, at a minimum. And I mean at a minimum!

can I backup my mac to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.