Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Wi-fi said weak security how to fix

My network says weak security here on wi-fi so how do I update my network to WPA3

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 10:38 AM

Change the security settings on your router to WPA3 or to WPA2 AES. How you do that varies by router. If you don't have the instructions for your router, do an internet search for instructions for your router brand/model or if your router is supplied by your internet service provider, check their website or customer support. Also see: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Most older routers support WPA2 AES and that will discontinue the weak security warning. If you want WPA3 and your router doesn't offer that option you would need to buy a new router that does.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2023 10:38 AM in response to thiswillbehot

Change the security settings on your router to WPA3 or to WPA2 AES. How you do that varies by router. If you don't have the instructions for your router, do an internet search for instructions for your router brand/model or if your router is supplied by your internet service provider, check their website or customer support. Also see: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Most older routers support WPA2 AES and that will discontinue the weak security warning. If you want WPA3 and your router doesn't offer that option you would need to buy a new router that does.

Wi-fi said weak security how to fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.