Skip navigation

Issue with Proximity Sensor during calls - Continued v2

539576 Views 2,451 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2013 8:10 PM by Bethem12 RSS
  • JPBOSS Level 1 Level 1 (70 points)
    Best post and opinions I have seen in a while.

    Goflying wrote:
    mbassoc2003 wrote:
    @ Goflying - If it were software fixable, is it a case that the JB comminity have not been able to address the issue because the they are unable to decompile the entire OS, and are only able to play around with and access the API's that the rest of the developers have access to?


    in a nutshell yes but...

    I have always assumed they fit themselves into the technical expertise catagory of hackers, in the sense that they go right into the core of the iOS and do with it as they see fit. But I'm not a programmer and I don't know for sure how these things happen.

    not really, they are looking for opportunities to exploit flaws or 'loose ends' in the OS - often discovered by stressing the OS

    But, if it were software fixable, I would have expected to have seen JB patch that removes the problem for the JB community. They are far more tenatious and resourceful when it comes to oneupmanship than anyone else, and being able to demonstrate that they have resolved a problem (like being able to demonstrate wifi sincing, and patching the PDF security flaw), would be a great feather in their cap and a way of saying to people, this is why you need to JB your phone.


    the pdf security flaw was interesting as the JB was a *very elegant* and *beautifully coded* piece of work. However the JB 'fix' to the security issue was only to have a popup that flagged any pdf, prior to opening it, as a potential security risk and requiring user confirmation to proceed

    The fact that they haven't tells me that they either cannot decompile the iOS and only have the same access as any other developer (which I can't believe), of that they have no interest in fixing the issue (which is doubtful), or that they are trying and not succeeding either.


    Their expertise is already very well proven I can't see what their interests would be in fixing apple's problems for them

    Between Apple and the JB community, working both ends of this new phone, they have both in the past 10 weeks +, not managed to resolve a problem. Both collectively have unimaginable resources in terms of programming expertise and knowhow, and one has access to virtually unlimited funds and hardware diagnostic tools and expertise. The time fram alone, and their lack of progress on both sides, demonstrates that the software has reached the limits of just how far it can manipulate the laws of physics.


    Don't really agree with this. iOS 4 is still a very immature piece of work that seems as if it were necessarily rushed into release with the iPhone 4 and which still has (relatively speaking) lots of work to be done to fix a plethora of issues.

    I'd expect a new JB pretty quickly given the likely number of exploitable holes still present in iOS 4

    Barring a complete AI with an assocuated nural net that learns individual users call handling habits and collects screen touch data and maps them back to the movements it senses and then asks the user to tell it when it's doing things wrong so that it can learn over time, I see no 'programmable' solution. And the resorces and memory waste on that type of function would kill the handset.


    There are potential software fixes but they may are probably not appropriate until the api races (which seem to be the cause of other issues beside that of the PS) are resolved. Cleaning up api conflicts will not be a trivial task for apple. The 'promised' November release may clear things up some more, however apple may well be stretching their coding resource pretty thinly given their new commitment to new product.

    The problem with debugging an OS is that results are by no means neccesarily improved, nor delivery of solutions speeded up by throwing more people and resource at the problem. In fact it is often counterproductive to do this.

    I can only see a hardware override for those poeple who fall outside of the normal demographic of users who don't have the problem. And TBH, utilising the onn/off switch would be the most logical thing to do.

    @Anyone... What does the on/off switch do during a call in 4.1GM?


    I think we just have to accept that the iPhone 4 was a brave but badly flawed design. In my mind one of the biggest hardware errors was to permanently bond the digitizer and retina display to the front glass panel, thus making it impossible to replace the front glass (which would inevitably see breakage) without first stripping down the entire phone, and then having to replace both GLASS, RETINA SCREEN and DIGITIZER (of which both of the latter would probably be perfectly serviceable were they not permanantly bonded to the glass panel. Too much style over substance imnsho.

    In the end, you pays your money and takes your choice - I've decided to wait for a hardware revision and a fully functional iOS

    Postscript: I'd expect this reply to be deleted by overzealous moderation for obvious reasons

    Message was edited by: Goflying

    Message was edited by: Goflying
    iPhone 4, iOS 4
  • mbassoc2003 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    @ Goflying - No moderation because it is a technical response avoiding any of the sensitive areas we have found Apple don't want discussed on the forum.

    Thanks for the considered response and your insight into programming.

    Are OS's nowadays, so large and complex that they cannot be decompiled and reprogrammed? Are OS's stripped of identifiable markers and/or encripted in a manner that prevents their decompiling? And is this why the JB community need to make do with the inbuilt OS and writing software to suit it (all be it without Apple's approval or the inherent safety that approval adds)?

    I had assumed that JB Developers went into the OS, figured out what does what and actually rewrote apis to do what they wanted them to do, and then rewrote them over the originals, effectively rebuilding the iOS with their own apis in place. Through this I would have expected inovation, patching, exploitation, and unlocking of functionality and untapped resources.

    As to motivation - The JB community is very fast going to move to a commercial model. With the sanctioning of jailbreaking you're going to have every muppert and his mother swearing blind the best and easiest and most secure means of not f"cking up your handset is to use Yellowsn0w or whatever other name they call their particulaer brand of the same program; just sent them $20 by PayPal for instant access to voiding your warranty.

    The motive to being able to patch known issues and be the only person to patch the issue is to be able to draw all the malcontents to Cydia because they have the only real fix for the issue. And they can charge for it.

    As to design - I don't think it's a badly designed phone. It's bold and inovative, but it works for the overwhelming majority pf users, and on those grounds it can't be poorly designed. It's certainly not optimal, but the issue with the sensor is down to user handling and nothing else. At least with the antenna issue (which I also do not see as a flaw, more an overhyped bandwagon wthat had no wheels), there was a point on the phone which kinda made it ovvious how not to hold the phone to cause the issue.

    The PS issue is far more ethereal than that, and it comes down to user trial and error and learning to use the phone in a manner that doesn't cause the issue. Why should they have to? Absolutely understand that. Do they have any other choice? No. Unless they can still return their phone. Some of the less bright and enlightened users need to read more and find out what the issue is really about and then make their choice to twist or stick.

    I don't see a fix coming. Apple have products to develop and new handsets to design. This is the best product launch ever in the company's history, with the lowest percentage of returned units and the fasted ever uptake in the market. And it's the only handset ever to be marketted worldwide and we're only 10 weeks in. There is no need to change a thing. You don't mess with something this successful. You certainly don't do anything to indicate there is a flaw in it.
    iPhone 4 (32GB) Black . Otterbox Defender ., iOS 4
  • mbassoc2003 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    rbrylawski wrote:
    JuanSkom wrote:
    Well I really appreciate the work Bell puts down on this for all of us. I downloaded one of his app as an act of gratitude.

    Maybe others can do the same? No I'm not associated with him. Never known him, only contact has been in this thread. Just wanted to say that I feel he's worthy of it maybe u feel the same.

    He is the ONLY person here who has provided real facts. I, like you appreciate his unbiased, factual, unemotional style and he did (imho) offer hope this can be solved. Even if 4.1 doesn't fix it completely, he said it made it better. If it can be better with software, there is hope it can be further improved.....

    It would seem that moving your handset around a lot and high levels of sunlight are going to be your enemies. Sitting in the airport or the office or standing in line at Starbucks might should now be a lot less risky.
    iPhone 4 (32GB) Black . Otterbox Defender ., iOS 4
  • Goflying Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    mbassoc2003 wrote:
    @ Goflying - No moderation because it is a technical response avoiding any of the sensitive areas we have found Apple don't want discussed on the forum.

    Thanks for the considered response and your insight into programming.

    Are OS's nowadays, so large and complex that they cannot be decompiled and reprogrammed? Are OS's stripped of identifiable markers and/or encripted in a manner that prevents their decompiling? And is this why the JB community need to make do with the inbuilt OS and writing software to suit it (all be it without Apple's approval or the inherent safety that approval adds)?


    I do know a little about this as in a past life I developed what is now the de facto standard methodology for dealing with internet based infringement of software & other IP rights.

    Hackers modify or add to existing code, crackers defeat inbuilt protection schemes.

    Neither skill (and be assured that these are sometimes skills of the highest order) necessarily requires decompilation of the OS and even if it were decompiled, without annotation (which most likely will have been removed), it would be exceedingly difficult to understand.

    I had assumed that JB Developers went into the OS, figured out what does what and actually rewrote apis to do what they wanted them to do, and then rewrote them over the originals, effectively rebuilding the iOS with their own apis in place. Through this I would have expected inovation, patching, exploitation, and unlocking of functionality and untapped resources.

    It's usually a good deal more complicated (but perversely also sometimes simpler) than this - it's too long a subject for discussion here

    As to motivation - The JB community is very fast going to move to a commercial model

    The poachers usually end up being game-keepers in the end.
    But there's not a lot of commercial mileage in hacking per se

    With the sanctioning of jailbreaking you're going to have every muppert and his mother swearing blind the best and easiest and most secure means of not f"cking up your handset is to use Yellowsn0w or whatever other name they call their particulaer brand of the same program; just sent them $20 by PayPal for instant access to voiding your warranty.

    that's a federal crime (wire fraud, dmca, & all sorts of other nasty things) which would win a government holiday in a heartbeat. The minute that $20 paypal transfer is cashed, he's toast

    The motive to being able to patch known issues and be the only person to patch the issue is to be able to draw all the malcontents to Cydia because they have the only real fix for the issue. And they can charge for it.

    Cydia will continue to make money irregardless
    restart reset restore is the new control alt delete
  • Goflying Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    This just in from CultOfMac:
    iPhone 4 User Claims Proximity Sensor Fix May Not Work

    iPhone 4 User Claims Proximity Sensor Fix May Not Work
    Share By David W. Martin (10:03 am, Sep. 03, 2010)



    On Tuesday this week an Apple spokesperson made claims that the upcoming release of iOS 4.1 will not fix the proximity sensor problems that are being blamed on software bugs, relocation of the proximity sensor due to the addition of the front facing camera, or greasy ear canals. This problem has been widely reported and there are numerous claims from iPhone 4 users that the problem exists. I’ve encountered the problem myself on my original iPhone 4 and its replacement.

    On Wednesday this week at an Apple Special Event Steve Jobs told us that the release of iOS 4.1 will resolve the proximity sensor issue, but now one iPhone 4 user, Ryan Bell, is also claiming that iOS 4.1 does not resolve the issue. He presents two YouTube videos that demonstrate why he thinks that the problem isn’t resolved.


    iPhone 4 Proximity Sensor, Fixed?



    More iPhone 4 Proximity Sensor Data



    Recreate the Second Test Yourself

    If you want to recreate the test in the second video then download and install Apple’s iPhone Configuration Utility.

    Once the utility is installed simply launch it and connect your iPhone 4 to your computer with the supplied USB cable. If you do not see your iPhone 4 listed under devices then add it if necessary using the icon in the applications toolbar. Once your iPhone is added click its entry under Devices and then click the Console tab for it.

    You can now start using your iPhone 4 and you should see a copy of the phones console log displayed in the utility. You will see a variety of messages scroll past and a few of these will be easily recognized for what they mean while others will not. Regardless, it is interesting to see what’s going on inside your iPhone.

    The following two entries from my iPhone 4 console log represent the proximity sensor turning the screen off and then on again.

    Fri Sep 3 11:41:37 David-Martins-iPhone-4 SpringBoard[27] : MultitouchHID(20b010) uilock state: 0 -> 1
    Fri Sep 3 11:41:43 David-Martins-iPhone-4 SpringBoard[27] : MultitouchHID(20b010) uilock state: 1 -> 0

    Conclusion

    We now have two claims that go against what Steve Jobs stated and one comes with visual evidence that you can recreate yourself with Apple’s iPhone Configuration Utility — so what’s the real story?

    The answer to that question will present itself next week after Apple releases iOS 4.1 to millions of iPhone 4 users around the world. We suspect this will be on or around September 7th. I plan on spending plenty of time with my iPhone 4 screwed to my ear to give the proximity sensor a good workout and I’m hoping that the problem is resolved.

    Are you using iOS 4.1 already? Tell us all about your experience with it by leaving a comment.

    link: http://www.cultofmac.com/iphone-4-user-claims-proximity-sensor-fix-may-not-work/ 57776#more-57776
    restart reset restore is the new control alt delete
  • exomoons Calculating status...
    mbassoc2003 wrote:
    exomoons wrote:
    a. If it is indeed a hardware problem related to sensitivity then it could be fixed by delaying the time sensor,
    b.If its a problem related to the design then probably no patch or update can fix it, but since mine works perfectly that means its not design related but rather component related (maybe some batch of sensors came faulty)


    Your deduction is flawed and isn't backed up by the data already available to the public.

    a. It is already known to be a hardware related issue with a number of influencing factors, one of which is the software interpretation of the signal. It has also already been proven that Apple have altered the delay algorithm in 4.1b2, 4.1b3 and 4.1GM, and it has also been demonstrated that there is a dramatic reduction in the false firing of the sensor with the algorithm in 4.1b3. These are facts. Your deduction is incorrect.

    Clearly that does not mean they can 'fix' the issue. It is a software patch only and it is unlikely to wark for all. Indeed, ambient light levels seem to be the deciding factor.

    b. Assuing that because you do not have the problem indicates that there are faulty batches is both naive and ignorant. The evidence presented to the forum, and the data collected by the beta testers and those in the industry, indicates that those who do not have the PS issue, do not have the PS issue on ANY iPhone, and those who do have the PS issue, do have the PS issue on ALL iPhones. There are people who have literally had six new handsets whith which they have had the problem with all of them. There is absolutely no-one that has had the issue with handsets and had the handset replaced and received a working one.

    Therefor, you premis is flawed and not backed up by the facts presented here by users. Nor can it be backed up by any facts available. If you were to give your handset to someone who had the PS issue with all their handsets, and they were to give you their 'faulty' handset, I can guarantee you that he would have the PS issue on your perfectly working handset, and you would not have the PS issue on his 'faulty' handset.

    The PS issue is a user issue. It is the way the user holds and operates their phone that makes the PS issue happen. The hardware is designed in a way that the overwhelming majority of people do not ever have this problem, but for the minority of people who do come into conflict with the design, the issue is evident.

    Your experience, and the experiences of everyone on the board who has posted to date, is consistent with that diagnosis, but your disgnosis of 'faulty batches of phones' is not consistent with any of the data available on the subject.



    a. How was my deduction incorrect? altered in delay algorithm or delay in time sensor?

    b. Thats quite a length of words you wrote but did you know that my friend has the same PS problem with his ip4 but when he used mine its gave him no trouble at all? Unless he suddenly change his holding gesture with my Iphone.

    As for the batch of faulty, of course its only a suggestion if you read carefully I used if, could, probably and maybe. Now I didnot say batches of faulty Iphones I said batches of faulty SENSORS, what this could mean is that the good sensors and faulty ones get mixed up and so some has PS problem while others dont.

    Read before you post.
    Sager 900F, Windows 7
  • exomoons Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    My apologies to those researchers and programmers. Indeed I havenot read all of the posts regarding this issue. I got bored after page 30 on the very first thread of this topic so I just skip/skim read.

    Now I cannot say whether any of us are correct regarding our own assumptions on this topic, but for you to go and say this deduction is stupid or using words to degrade others just proved what kind of a person you are.

    Are you certain that mine assumptions/opinion is 100% incorrect?

    Are you certain that it is the way people holding it that makes it a problem no matter what IP4 they're holding?

    One is caused by faulty in hardware while the problem with the antenna is caused by touch and bridge another adjacent antenna.

    My knowledge is of course not comparable to some of the guys here but probably exceeded yours.
    Sager 900F, Windows 7
  • exomoons Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    MichaelEmpire wrote:
    a) It is not the problem with the sensitivity . The roots of the problem are much wider than simple sensitivity , otherwise it was fixed by now already. The behavor of the senor system shows that sensetivity is not the reason. The delaying time again will fix nothing.
    b) It is not a defective sensor and/or other parts. Differently working but not defective. The sensor and the chip controlling the sensor work in the range they suppose to work. But the range is pretty wide.
    To change the new range and new position you need a new phone and not any small fix.
    c) If ,as you mentioned , bunch of the sensors were defective then Apple would stop making the ip4 with defective components long time ago and then would exchange all the phones for those who complains. Also people would not change the phones 3 times and have the same issue. So defective parts are not the option.
    d) Your phone is not working as well. ( I can Imagine how angry you and everybody else here on me when I just said it ). It is less faulty and the way you use it also ( possibly ) helping the situation.
    Those who think that the simple change of a sensor could fix the problem are wrong. The sensor has to be redesigned and the whole system has to be re designed to do so.
    e) You are correct everything is fixable. But not everything is worth to fix it.
    It will be a new design and new phone . At Least internally . It is not fixable by changing the sensor or changing the software.
    f) If your phone is almost perfect and let's say mine is terrible ( by the way not so bad ) if we apply the same software changes to both phones trying to fix mine , you may have an oposite effect problem and then your phone would not operate correctly. It Means that the same remedy for all phones may not exist and this is the ALSO the reason why it is impossible to fix it at this time by any software fix.


    a. Differently working is classified as faulty or defective. If the device does not function the way its supposed to then it is defective.

    b,f. Now if its a range problem then I dont see why apple cant alter the range? If this is the case and fixable by firmware then two firmwares, one for the normal and the other with PS problem will fix it, but Apple probably wont do it.

    c. Oh I think apple is trying to source where the wrong batches came from, thats probably why they only offer case till 30.Sep. I think that the ones made after this date will not have this problem??

    d. I do agree with you that mine is also faulty, but less faulty. Ive just tested it again, it works fine until I shine a bright light to it. If apple is using infrared PS then that might explains the problem. IPS works by sending out beam of invisible light and a photodetector on the sensor dedects reflection of this light. Now they are susceptible to false reading due to background light except for the more complex sensors which only transmit and read light at a specific frequency or can compute an object distance from the sensor. I doubt apple is using the more complex ones as it is more costly, I believe they're using the basic ones which has problem with background light.
    Sager 900F, Windows 7
  • mbassoc2003 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Goflying wrote:
    We now have two claims that go against what Steve Jobs stated and one comes with visual evidence that you can recreate yourself with Apple’s iPhone Configuration Utility — so what’s the real story?

    Steve Jobs' statement was very well worded and an astute political move. He swept the issue aside and did not state that it was or ever would be fixed. What he did was list a series of known issues and say that they hoped they'd nailed most of them. The words 'nailed' and 'most' are both sujective and both very important in that statement, especially in light of Apple's previous statement that there would be no fix in iOS4.1. Apple were telling the truth on both occasions and leaving it up to the listener to attribute whatever meaning of hope they wished to glean from that.
    iPhone 4 (32GB) Black . Otterbox Defender ., iOS 4
  • mbassoc2003 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    exomoons wrote:
    Read before you post.

    You need to. Maybe you should start at the beginning of the thread and corrolate the data collected. Read, read and read more, and when you've collected and evaluated all the data, and decided yourself as to its reliability and basis or not in fact, then come and back and post and maybe I won't point out the horsesh't in your statements. I do not believe the alleged 'observation' of your friend over the mountain of evidence here already collected from hundreds of individual posters. Maybe it was fabricated for your benifit, or maybe for ours. Who knows.

    It cannot be a 'faulty batch' for one single reason above all. If it were a faulty batch, the implication of that hypothesis is that Apple by design are specifically targetting people with faulty sensors and replacing them deliberately with faulty sensored phones over and over again. That level of persecution on the part of Apple is downright proposterous. If there were 'faulty' and 'non-faulty' sensors, then the very notion would somewhere have resulted in someone with a faulty phone having had their phone replaced and received a non-faulty phone. You will find no-one able to confirm that has happened to them, and no-one here, most of whom have lessinterest than you of siding with me, will be willing to post saying they had a faulty phone and it was replaced and now they have a phone with no PS issue.

    Your post is ill considered, unsubstantiated BS. But then I'm sure you, of all people, will be able to get a friend to sign up and tell us how he had his faulty phone replaced with a working one.
    iPhone 4 (32GB) Black . Otterbox Defender ., iOS 4
  • Goflying Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    Surprised that no-one has commented on apple's official drawings for the iP4 showing distinctly different openings for the prox sensor on the black and white iPhone 4's

    it's here
    http://devimages.apple.com/programs/mfi/dimensions/iPhone-4-dimensions.pdf
    restart reset restore is the new control alt delete
  • mbassoc2003 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    exomoons wrote:
    Are you certain that mine assumptions/opinion is 100% incorrect?


    Yes.

    Are you certain that it is the way people holding it that makes it a problem no matter what IP4 they're holding?


    Yes. But it is not holding the phone, but moving the phone that is the culprit, call duration that increases the possibility of experiencing the flaw, and ambient light levels that increase the frequency and intensity of the PS issue effect.

    One is caused by faulty in hardware while the problem with the antenna is caused by touch and bridge another adjacent antenna.


    No. You are wrong. The hardware is doing exactly what it is designed to do. It detects a presence and sends a signal saying so. The design flaw is in the selection of the sensor and it's position, focus and timing, all of which are hardware doing exactly what they are designed to do.

    Apple have realised this and are trying to compensate by reprogramming the manner in which the software interprets the data fed to it by the sensor. That said, they have been trying reprogramming the sensor since beta 2 and have never claimed to be able to fix it. In fact they have said there will be no fix coming in the current OS.

    My knowledge is of course not comparable to some of the guys here but probably exceeded yours.


    I doubt it. It certainly isn't evident in your posts, your awarement of the evidence available to the public or your deductive reasoning so far.
    iPhone 4 (32GB) Black . Otterbox Defender ., iOS 4
  • mbassoc2003 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Goflying wrote:
    Surprised that no-one has commented on apple's official drawings for the iP4 showing distinctly different openings for the prox sensor on the black and white iPhone 4's

    it's here
    http://devimages.apple.com/programs/mfi/dimensions/iPhone-4-dimensions.pdf

    Where? I don't see it. Talk to me, Goose...

    <EDIT> I see it now. That's the printed opening that is unobscured on the back of the glass screenprint. The white iP4 goes with the dots in order to try to maintain the white image accross the facade. The black doesn't need to do that because the whole of the phone is black inside of the front glass.

    It would be interesting to find out how this speckled effect actually impacts on the sensor. But as far as anyone knows, there have been no iP4 white's seen in the wild. I wonder if the people who kitbash their phones white have this isse to a greater or lesser degree?

    That said, if you're gonna spend $280 plus shipping and void your warrany to get white, you probably either don't have or don't care about the PS issue.
    iPhone 4 (32GB) Black . Otterbox Defender ., iOS 4
  • Txatty Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    I have been posting these on these threads since I got my IP4 - two weeks after their release date. I have had my phone replaced once, and went back in a second time to be told that it wouldn't help.

    While there seems to be pages and pages of technical discussion about why it doesn't work or why people like me are just making my problems up (because Apple is great and wouldn't make a phone with problems) - the bottom line is my phone doesn't work.

    I think what we are all forgetting here is that up until July - we all had phones where a proximity sensor did work. They we called IP3GS. I never, never, never had a problem with my 3G or the two 3GS's I had. I never faced-dialed someone, hung up on them, dialed a third person in the middle of a call., etc. The prox sensor(s) worked.

    So, we know Apple knows how to make a proximity sensor and more importantly, we know Apple knows how to correctly craft software to interface with it - but for some reason - it doesn't work in the IP4.

    By the way, this whole thing reminds me of the Black Knight scene from Monte Python's holy Grail:

    King Arthur: I command you, as King of the Britons, to stand aside!
    Black Knight: I move for no man.
    King Arthur: So be it!
    [they fight until Arthur cuts off Black Knight's left arm]
    King Arthur: Now, stand aside, worthy adversary!
    Black Knight: 'Tis but a scratch!
    King Arthur: A scratch? Your arm's off!
    Black Knight: No, it isn't!
    King Arthur: Well, what's that then?
    King Arthur: I've had worse.
    King Arthur: You liar!
    Black Knight: Come on, you pansy!
    [they fight again. Arthur cuts off the Knight's right arm]
    King Arthur: Victory is mine!
    [kneels to pray]
    King Arthur: We thank thee, Lord, that in thy mercy -
    [cut off by the Knight kicking him]
    Black Knight: Come on, then.
    King Arthur: What?
    Black Knight: Have at you!
    King Arthur: You are indeed brave, Sir Knight, but the fight is mine!
    Black Knight: Oh, had enough, eh?
    King Arthur: Look, you stupid *******. You've got no arms left!

    My phone is broken, no it isn't. The prox sensor doesn't work. Yes it does. We've fixed it. No you haven't.

    This thread has been continued on several occasions with thousands of posts about people having a real and serious problem using their phone. The most telling of thing of all is the line at the top stating that, "This question is not answered."

    Here's hoping that there is a fix that works in 4.1. Initial reports do not, however, look encouraging.
    Iphone4, iOS 4
  • Goflying Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    deleted as potentially incorrect

    Message was edited by: Goflying
    restart reset restore is the new control alt delete
1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 164 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

  • This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.