Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Camera not working on iMac when using for virtual try on for glasses

I've tried to use the virtual try on with Warby Parker on my iMac and it doesn't work. I have tried several ways to access it. When I used Siri it said I didn't have an app called Camera and directed me to the app store. Do I need an app?

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 11:53 AM

9 replies

Sep 4, 2023 6:40 AM in response to Michaelhere

Thank you for the reply. I did as you suggested and gave the site permission to access the camera. It did not work for me. I turned off the VPN, ad blocker and tried again. No luck. I tested my camera with FaceTime and the camera works fine. I also use the camera at least 2 times a week with Zoom and no problem. So I'm still working on the problem. I'm using Version 16.6 (18615.3.12.11.2) and Ventura 13.5.1 (22G90)

Sep 4, 2023 7:30 AM in response to Michaelhere

Thanks again. I did follow the instructions in the article. I went to Safari settings and websites and gave Warby Parker permission to access the camera. I restarted the computer. I turned off the VPN and ad blocker and tried the virtual try on again. No luck. The screen is brown and says to get in the frame. I move all around but don't show up because the camera light isn't on. When I click the camera icon in the upper menu the screen goes black. I will try whatever else you suggest. However, I'm stepping away from my computer for a little bit. Thanks again.

Sep 4, 2023 8:22 AM in response to Vezzie

No problem! I think that since you seem to have some third party Safari plugins, we need to try this method:

Reload the page without ANY active third party plugin in this way:

If you go in Safari's website bar, you will see a three dotted icon.

Click on it and select "reload without content blockers" option while you are on the Warby Parker's page.

In this way you can be sure that no third party plugin are interfering with the site.

Camera not working on iMac when using for virtual try on for glasses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.