need help with finding my recovery code

I lost my recovery key info

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 12:37 PM

It is not possble to “find” a recovery code, as you were told when you created it, but you may be able to create a new one by following the instructs in the Related Article above your name if you have at least one Trusted Device still working.

From the Related Article above:

Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently. With that in mind, it's important to keep your recovery key in a safe place. You might want to give a copy of your recovery key to a family member, or keep copies in more than one place. That way you always have your recovery key when you need it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2023 12:37 PM in response to Dejavupatriot89

It is not possble to “find” a recovery code, as you were told when you created it, but you may be able to create a new one by following the instructs in the Related Article above your name if you have at least one Trusted Device still working.

From the Related Article above:

Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently. With that in mind, it's important to keep your recovery key in a safe place. You might want to give a copy of your recovery key to a family member, or keep copies in more than one place. That way you always have your recovery key when you need it.

need help with finding my recovery code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.