Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Recovering a deleted photo album

Is there a way to recover a deleted album in Photos? I see a way to recover individual deleted photos. Yes Photos is shared in the cloud.

iPhone 13

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 3:31 PM

3 replies

Sep 3, 2023 3:36 PM in response to annette-john

Yes, if your Photos library is shared in the cloud, there is a way to recover a deleted album in Photos. Here are the steps:

1. Open the Photos app on your Mac or iOS device and click on the "Albums" tab.

2. Scroll down to the "Recently Deleted" album, which contains all the photos and albums that you have deleted within the last 30 days.

3. Locate the deleted album that you want to recover and select it.

4. Click on the "Recover" button at the bottom right corner of the screen to restore the album to your Photos library. Note that the album will only be recoverable if it was deleted within the last 30 days and has not been permanently deleted. If the album has been permanently deleted, it cannot be recovered.

Additionally, if your Photos library is not shared in the cloud, you may still be able to recover the deleted album from a backup. If you have a Time Machine backup or another backup of your Mac or device that contains the Photos library, you can restore the library from the backup and recover the deleted album that way.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Recovering a deleted photo album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.