My Macbook Air crashes when unplugged after about 5 minutes. Battery is fully charged.

Whenever I try to use my Air without the charger despite being fully charged, it crashes after about 5 minutes.

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 6:06 PM

lovemymacbookair1 Said:

"My Macbook Air crashes when unplugged after about 5 minutes. Battery is fully charged.: Whenever I try to use my Air without the charger despite being fully charged, it crashes after about 5 minutes."

-------

Troubleshooting Crashing Mac:

Three Things:

I. Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally seeing if you still get this error.

II. Single-Out this User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your entire Mac.

III. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for Power) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC (Intel-only Macs) and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2023 6:06 PM in response to lovemymacbookair1

lovemymacbookair1 Said:

"My Macbook Air crashes when unplugged after about 5 minutes. Battery is fully charged.: Whenever I try to use my Air without the charger despite being fully charged, it crashes after about 5 minutes."

-------

Troubleshooting Crashing Mac:

Three Things:

I. Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally seeing if you still get this error.

II. Single-Out this User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your entire Mac.

III. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for Power) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC (Intel-only Macs) and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

My Macbook Air crashes when unplugged after about 5 minutes. Battery is fully charged.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.