Place AirPlay'd videos on loop from iPhone to Apple TV

Looking for help. I cannot find any existing article or answer for my question.

I have a short vid (~1min) that I want to loop continuously on my TV while being AirPlay'd from a iPhone. I don't want to AirPlay from a computer.

The only tech I want to use in this scenario is an iPhone + an Apple TV.

Thank you!

Apple TV HD, tvOS 11

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 12:31 AM

For looping, I would suggest to have a look at third party apps, as the bundled Apple apps do not provide this functionality.

My go-to solution would be to use VLC on Apple TV. That allows to add limited clips to its cache space on the box. Then you would free up the iPhone after that initial transfer.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 11

That box hasn’t been updated in a very long time. We’re on tvOS 16.6 now. Please consider updating, even if only to align with what others use, as few recall the exact changes between then and now.

About Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD software updates - Apple Support

How to update your Apple TV - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2023 12:31 AM in response to heynicorico

For looping, I would suggest to have a look at third party apps, as the bundled Apple apps do not provide this functionality.

My go-to solution would be to use VLC on Apple TV. That allows to add limited clips to its cache space on the box. Then you would free up the iPhone after that initial transfer.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 11

That box hasn’t been updated in a very long time. We’re on tvOS 16.6 now. Please consider updating, even if only to align with what others use, as few recall the exact changes between then and now.

About Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD software updates - Apple Support

How to update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Place AirPlay'd videos on loop from iPhone to Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.