Trash folder disappeared in Ventura

It just disappeared. When I hover the cursor over the "Favorites" or "On My Mac" headings, and click on the "+" sign, an "Add Favorite" box appears, and a drop down menu is provided. But NONE of the menu options are for "Trash." Oh, you can add other folders, but not "Trash."

Also, previously I could go to the "Mailbox" heading in Mail, and go down to click on "Erase Deleted Messages." At that point, a message box would ask if I really wanted t delete all the messages. I would click "Yes" and that was it. That message box no longer appears.

So at this point, if I delete a message, it just disappears. It does not show up in a "Junk" or "Deleted Messages" folder. I like to check the trash before I erase all the messages.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 6:44 AM

Alibates wrote:

It just disappeared. When I hover the cursor over the "Favorites" or "On My Mac" headings, and click on the "+" sign, an "Add Favorite" box appears, and a drop down menu is provided. But NONE of the menu options are for "Trash." Oh, you can add other folders, but not "Trash."

Also, previously I could go to the "Mailbox" heading in Mail, and go down to click on "Erase Deleted Messages." At that point, a message box would ask if I really wanted t delete all the messages. I would click "Yes" and that was it. That message box no longer appears.

So at this point, if I delete a message, it just disappears. It does not show up in a "Junk" or "Deleted Messages" folder. I like to check the trash before I erase all the messages.

hmmm...

Mail.app Verify your Mail Settings>Accounts>Mailbox Behavior

*toggle and make some changes and test; then come back to your preferred settings and test

Now from Mail —check w/ your mouse to the right side to reveal the +

I see my Trash in the dropdown is selected... to show

verify your software is up to date…

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.5.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

You can A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

login and test, reboot as normal and test

no insight or resolve—

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2023 6:44 AM in response to Alibates

Alibates wrote:

hmmm...

Mail.app Verify your Mail Settings>Accounts>Mailbox Behavior

*toggle and make some changes and test; then come back to your preferred settings and test

Now from Mail —check w/ your mouse to the right side to reveal the +

I see my Trash in the dropdown is selected... to show

verify your software is up to date…

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.5.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

You can A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

login and test, reboot as normal and test

no insight or resolve—

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Trash folder disappeared in Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.