I dropped water on my MacBook Pro keyboard

water is dropped on the keyboard and now the keyboard does not work, I can get in using external keyboard, What happened to the onboard keyboard

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 12:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 4:43 AM

Water is corrosive; the corrosion is often delayed.

If the external KB works, then keep using it. But don't expect the Mac to heal itself. It might, but that is highly unlikely. What's more likely is the corrosion will continue until full computer failure.

You can have Apple evaluate it, but user caused damage, such as a water incursion, is not a warranty covered event generally. If you have AppleCare+ that situation is different.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2023 4:43 AM in response to GregoryPillay

Water is corrosive; the corrosion is often delayed.

If the external KB works, then keep using it. But don't expect the Mac to heal itself. It might, but that is highly unlikely. What's more likely is the corrosion will continue until full computer failure.

You can have Apple evaluate it, but user caused damage, such as a water incursion, is not a warranty covered event generally. If you have AppleCare+ that situation is different.

I dropped water on my MacBook Pro keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.