Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Unable to find files for attachments

I have iphone 14 with ios 16.6. Everytime I download a file from google drive or any email and try to attach it I cant find them. If I go directly into the files folder I can see them but as an attachment if I try to locate them files folder is always empty.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 2:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 3:30 PM

Re: "Unable to find files for attachments"

Seems attachments will often be auto-directed to "Shared with You" folders / albums in the apps the files relate to:

(Eg: Check the "Shared with You" album in Photos app for photos e-mailed or messaged to you.)

If you do not want this default feature, you can likely turn it off in each app.

Eg: For iPhone: See: Settings > Messages > Shared with You.

You can turn off Automatic Sharing, or turn off "Shared with You" for a specific app.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2023 3:30 PM in response to Ank1tag

Re: "Unable to find files for attachments"

Seems attachments will often be auto-directed to "Shared with You" folders / albums in the apps the files relate to:

(Eg: Check the "Shared with You" album in Photos app for photos e-mailed or messaged to you.)

If you do not want this default feature, you can likely turn it off in each app.

Eg: For iPhone: See: Settings > Messages > Shared with You.

You can turn off Automatic Sharing, or turn off "Shared with You" for a specific app.

Unable to find files for attachments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.