Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

How do I get my Gmail over to this phone from my old phone?

I have bought a new iPhone SE third generation. I am having problems getting aps passwords, and. my Gmail account to move over to my new phone and anyone help keep it simple because I’m not good at doing these things

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 6:59 AM

Does the gmail account appear in the mail app? If not, add the account to the app.

Add an email account - Apple Support

IIRC, After you do that, when you tap on the inbox, you will have to authenticate with your password and you will get a code to enter for verification. After that, all of your mail folders should load and your emails will sync to the new phone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2023 6:59 AM in response to vonda21

Does the gmail account appear in the mail app? If not, add the account to the app.

Add an email account - Apple Support

IIRC, After you do that, when you tap on the inbox, you will have to authenticate with your password and you will get a code to enter for verification. After that, all of your mail folders should load and your emails will sync to the new phone.

Sep 4, 2023 7:20 AM in response to vonda21

..Also there's 'google app' for Gmail, in the Apple app store for iPhone/iPad..

Rather than set up Apple Mail for only one or two gmail accounts, I use this.

•Gmail - Email by Google on the App Store

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/gmail-email-by-google/id422689480

Gmail: Private and secure email at no cost | Google Workspace

https://www.google.com/gmail/about/

Their App sees updates from google; & accesses Alpha/Google details. Or Login

from any browser/device, & bookmark that ~ as a backup means to access gmail.

[For those seeking to use gmail in business, see link to 'secure and private' gmail.]

How do I get my Gmail over to this phone from my old phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.