Have a new iPad, 9th generation and want to delete all the data on my old ipad 2nd generation

Old ipad (iPad Air) has IOS 12.5.7 and new iPad has IOS16.6

Want to erase old iPad and not delete anything on new iPad. How do I erase data on old iPad without affecting new iPad backup?

iPad

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 9:37 AM

If you are fully erasing/reseting your iPad, ensure that you follow the correct process:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

When the correct process is followed, none of your other devices will be affected by the erase process. Be aware that if instead you attempt manual deletion of data, individual deletions will be replicated to other devices via iCloud.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2023 9:37 AM in response to Rliberty

If you are fully erasing/reseting your iPad, ensure that you follow the correct process:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

When the correct process is followed, none of your other devices will be affected by the erase process. Be aware that if instead you attempt manual deletion of data, individual deletions will be replicated to other devices via iCloud.

Have a new iPad, 9th generation and want to delete all the data on my old ipad 2nd generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.