I have an early 2015 Macbook air with the macOS Sierra version 10.12.6 Some websites I go to wil put up a messge that my browser is no longer supported and needs to be updated. Can this be done or is my perfectly fine computer now obslolete ?

My early 2015 MacBook air with macOS Sierra version 10.12.6 that is set up to do automatic updates and shows no updates available, will not open some web pages and a message stating my browser needs updating is stated. Is there a cure for my perfectly fine computer or it now becoming obsolete ?? Thank-you !!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 10:42 AM

Hi there!

You can upgrade to macOS Monterey. Using this Apple Support article: How to download and install macOS - Apple Support, choose to download Monterey 12 under the "Use the App Store" section.

Before installing new software, it's a good idea to back up your Mac. If you have an external storage device, you can use it to back up your Mac with Time Machine.

-Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2023 10:42 AM in response to bradford46

Hi there!

You can upgrade to macOS Monterey. Using this Apple Support article: How to download and install macOS - Apple Support, choose to download Monterey 12 under the "Use the App Store" section.

Before installing new software, it's a good idea to back up your Mac. If you have an external storage device, you can use it to back up your Mac with Time Machine.

-Jack

I have an early 2015 Macbook air with the macOS Sierra version 10.12.6 Some websites I go to wil put up a messge that my browser is no longer supported and needs to be updated. Can this be done or is my perfectly fine computer now obslolete ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.