Can't get new Macbook Pro to see Bluetooth headphones

I've got a pair of BOSE noise-cancelling wireless headphones and they worked great with my old Macbook Air. But I can't get my new Macbook Pro to see them. I've restarted everything over and over. They are mot discoverable; they don't appear in the bluetooth list of available devices. It's Ventura 13.5.1. What's the problem? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 11:26 PM

ericesad Said:

"Can't get new Macbook Pro to see Bluetooth headphones: I've got a pair of BOSE noise-cancelling wireless headphones and they worked great with my old Macbook Air. But I can't get my new Macbook Pro to see them. I've restarted everything over and over. They are mot discoverable; they don't appear in the bluetooth list of available devices. It's Ventura 13.5.1. What's the problem? Thanks."

-------

Getting Audio Devices to be Seen:

What to Try:

• Raise the Volume: If sound is not working, then raise the volume.

• Remove External Devices: Verify what your output item is. Also, disable Bluetooth, if enabled.

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Sound) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

• Boot into Safe Mode:

When you boot into Safe Mode, items load by default, with certain settings and caches set aside. So, hold down the shift key upon boot. See what happens then.

• Create a New Administrator:

See if creating and logging in as a new administrator does the trick. There may be something misconfigured in your current user - something that is getting in the way. Go to: System Preferences > Users & Groups > Unlock > Click: "+" > Create the new administrator

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2023 11:26 PM in response to ericesad

ericesad Said:

"Can't get new Macbook Pro to see Bluetooth headphones: I've got a pair of BOSE noise-cancelling wireless headphones and they worked great with my old Macbook Air. But I can't get my new Macbook Pro to see them. I've restarted everything over and over. They are mot discoverable; they don't appear in the bluetooth list of available devices. It's Ventura 13.5.1. What's the problem? Thanks."

-------

Getting Audio Devices to be Seen:

What to Try:

• Raise the Volume: If sound is not working, then raise the volume.

• Remove External Devices: Verify what your output item is. Also, disable Bluetooth, if enabled.

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Sound) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

• Boot into Safe Mode:

When you boot into Safe Mode, items load by default, with certain settings and caches set aside. So, hold down the shift key upon boot. See what happens then.

• Create a New Administrator:

See if creating and logging in as a new administrator does the trick. There may be something misconfigured in your current user - something that is getting in the way. Go to: System Preferences > Users & Groups > Unlock > Click: "+" > Create the new administrator

Sep 7, 2023 4:02 PM in response to ericesad

ericesad Said:

"Can't get new Macbook Pro to see Bluetooth headphones: None of these suggestions solved the problem. Thank you for your efforts though.

———-

You are welcome.

Verify if this Headset Even Seen:

To Find Out:

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Select: About this Mac
  3. Click: System Report... button
  4. View: Hardware on left-column
  5. Click: Audio
  6. Confirm if a speakers are even seen

Can't get new Macbook Pro to see Bluetooth headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.