You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 8 switches to wrong location when connecting to home wifi

I live in Hungary and have never been to the USA. My Apple Watch series 8 works perfectly until it connects to my home wifi (despite turning off wifi on the watch and making it forget the network). As soon as it connects to wifi it shows its location in San Antonio, TX. My iPhone 13 does not do this when it connects to my home wifi. Any suggestions to resolve this?

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 11:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 2:01 AM

Did you already force restart your Apple Watch?

To force restart, hold down the side button and the Digital Crown at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo comes back again.

Does it show the correct location in the Weather app, or which location app are you referring to?

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 5, 2023 2:01 AM in response to RickyHUN

Did you already force restart your Apple Watch?

To force restart, hold down the side button and the Digital Crown at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo comes back again.

Does it show the correct location in the Weather app, or which location app are you referring to?

Apple Watch Series 8 switches to wrong location when connecting to home wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.