Getting photos off iPhones and iPads without iCloud

I want the machines that my staff paid for; iPhones, various models, various iOS versions, to be able to upload their photos and videos to a machine that I paid for. Intel MBP. I don't want lectures about 'upgrades'. I don't want lectures about legacy hardware. My MBP is staying on Mojave. When I buy a new Mac it will probably be an HP because of increasingly self serving and irritating Apple friction. My staff will continue to hold on to iPhones for as long as they please. Some will upgrade, some will not. Feel free to tell me that's wrong, naughty, un-Apple, un-American, unholy if you like. I will ignore you.

I know it's in Apple's short-term financial interest to force me to use iCloud.

I don't care.

It happens to be against Apple's long term financial interests to so blatantly force anyone to do anything, because it replaces years of acceptable user experience with friction, annoyance, anger, and a feeling that maybe Tim is right and the solution is to buy Mum ( and my staff ) a Samsung.

Apple doesn't care.

But do any of the helpful folk here know of processes, procedures, workflows or third party tools that will just get into an iPhone politely, with the normal requirements for user authentication, no hacking here, and just get the stinking photos onto a stinking computer. Not a specific range of Macs, not from a specific range of iPhone models, not from a specific version of iOS, just onto a computer using industry standards for USB mass storage.

You know it, I know it, Apple knows it, it shouldn't be this stinking hard.

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 12:23 AM

This article explains, how to import photos and videos from your iOS device to your PC or Mac, without using iCloud:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Getting photos off iPhones and iPads without iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.