Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Newsroom Update

Apple Books becomes official audiobook home for Reese’s Book Club. Learn more >

When trying to move a file to Books, the Books icon does not appear. How can I find it?

I tap Share but Books is not an option when I try to move the file.

iPhone 5c, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 3:54 PM

Apple_nc wrote:

The Books app is on my phone but does not appear when I go to More
It’s a zip file

Zip files are not supported by the Books app. Why do you want to store a Zip file in the Books app exactly?

Save it in the Files App and extract the contents there.

8 replies

Sep 5, 2023 2:51 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

IdrisSeabright wrote:

Phil0124 wrote:

What kind of file are you trying to transfer into books?

In general Books will only accept PDFs so would not appear as an option for anything else.
That was my first thought, too. However, it did appear for me with PDFs, text files, and jpegs. Not, though, audio files or anything Microsoft.

Interesting. Would not expect the Books App to support jpegs, don't really see a use for that. I can understand Text files though.

Tried a few other types, works with XML files, but did not work with PNG images or Numbers files.

When trying to move a file to Books, the Books icon does not appear. How can I find it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.