Touch Bar not on?

I have a MacBook Pro the previous gen, I noticed my Touch Bar is off? is there a way to turn it on and off?

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 9:48 AM

Hi there Eaguirre925,

While there isn't a way to turn the Touch Bar on and off on your Mac, we'd advise trying a restart to see if that resolves the issue for you. If needed, learn how to restart your Mac here: Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

Also, you'll want to make sure your Mac is running the latest software version, which is macOS Ventura 13.5.1. You can see the currently installed version listed in the Apple menu () > About This Mac. This link provides step-by-step instructions for updating your Mac, should you need them: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

If this behavior persists, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support directly for further assistance. They're best-equipped to take a closer look at the issue and provide some additional guidance. This link will help you get started: Apple Support

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2023 9:48 AM in response to Eaguirre925

Hi there Eaguirre925,

While there isn't a way to turn the Touch Bar on and off on your Mac, we'd advise trying a restart to see if that resolves the issue for you. If needed, learn how to restart your Mac here: Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

Also, you'll want to make sure your Mac is running the latest software version, which is macOS Ventura 13.5.1. You can see the currently installed version listed in the Apple menu () > About This Mac. This link provides step-by-step instructions for updating your Mac, should you need them: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

If this behavior persists, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support directly for further assistance. They're best-equipped to take a closer look at the issue and provide some additional guidance. This link will help you get started: Apple Support

Take care.

Touch Bar not on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.