i phone 14 pro max butt dials

my i phone 14 pro max is very frequently making butt dial calls after I hand up from a call

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 2:27 AM

There are two ways to avoid that.

1. Check your iPhone display before you put it aside or in the pocket. Because it will sleep automatically based on your Auto-Lock time settings
  2. If the display is ON, lock the screen using the side button and check your iPhone display before you put it in the pocket

Sleep

On iPhone 6 and later, and on iPhone SE (2nd generation) and later, press the side button to wake your iPhone or put it to sleep. On iPhone SE (1st generation) and earlier, press the top button.

Learn about the buttons and switches on your iPhone.

From left to right: iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 8, and iPhone X and later

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2023 2:27 AM in response to kemperjim

There are two ways to avoid that.

1. Check your iPhone display before you put it aside or in the pocket. Because it will sleep automatically based on your Auto-Lock time settings
  2. If the display is ON, lock the screen using the side button and check your iPhone display before you put it in the pocket

Sleep

On iPhone 6 and later, and on iPhone SE (2nd generation) and later, press the side button to wake your iPhone or put it to sleep. On iPhone SE (1st generation) and earlier, press the top button.

Learn about the buttons and switches on your iPhone.

From left to right: iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 8, and iPhone X and later

i phone 14 pro max butt dials

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.