My iPhone xs is dying so fast after updating IOS 16.6

Hello everyone, I am a fellow user of iPhone xs and I have been experiencing battery drainage.I don’t know why my iPhone battery keep loosing 1 percent every 2-3 min I think is because of iOS 16.6 i tried my best trying to solve the problem but still I couldn’t and also my battery health is at 97 can any one help me

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 4:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 5:55 AM

This has nothing to do with the update. Updates are designed to improve performance. You should try looking up which apps are using more battery. Also, check if you have background app refresh on- only keep on whatever is necessary as this consumes a lot of battery. You can also turn on low power mode.

Also to maximise performance read this article:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2023 5:55 AM in response to AppleUser1019

This has nothing to do with the update. Updates are designed to improve performance. You should try looking up which apps are using more battery. Also, check if you have background app refresh on- only keep on whatever is necessary as this consumes a lot of battery. You can also turn on low power mode.

Also to maximise performance read this article:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

My iPhone xs is dying so fast after updating IOS 16.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.