On September 5th my Apple Pay sent a $20 payment out. Don’t know where or to who. I have never sent Apple Pay money to anyone but my son and he didn’t receive it. I would like to know where is my $20 and how did it just send itself?

Apple Pay took $20 out of my account and sent it out and I didn’t approve the transaction and have no idea where the money is. I have only sent money to my son through this and he didn’t receive it. So I would like to know where it is

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 9:09 AM

So, the funds were withdrawn from your debit card. Call the bank that services the debit card account and ask who the merchant is. Then call the merchant and request a refund. If the merchant refuses, call the bank back and open a dispute.

Apple Pay just transfers data. It can’t initiate a transaction, only a merchant can initiate the transaction. Apple Pay can’t approve a transaction, only your bank can do that. Apple never receives the funds. Funds are transferred directly between your bank and the merchant.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2023 9:09 AM in response to Vdoyel

So, the funds were withdrawn from your debit card. Call the bank that services the debit card account and ask who the merchant is. Then call the merchant and request a refund. If the merchant refuses, call the bank back and open a dispute.

Apple Pay just transfers data. It can’t initiate a transaction, only a merchant can initiate the transaction. Apple Pay can’t approve a transaction, only your bank can do that. Apple never receives the funds. Funds are transferred directly between your bank and the merchant.

On September 5th my Apple Pay sent a $20 payment out. Don’t know where or to who. I have never sent Apple Pay money to anyone but my son and he didn’t receive it. I would like to know where is my $20 and how did it just send itself?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.