A credit card is in my account, and there is 2 subscriptions that are inactive and i still cant take off the credit card.

I want to delete a credit card in my payment methods, It says that theres a subscription active, but there are none active. How do i delete it?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 9:19 AM

Check your subscriptions (ignore the fact that it says this is for canceling) --> If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

To find out how to remove a payment method, and what to do if you can't remove your last payment method or use no payment method with your Apple ID, read this article --> Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

Ongoing subscriptions and Family Sharing organizers must always have a payment method present. To edit the cards used for those you may need to first add the new card and make it the primary payment method before removing the old card (see: If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support ).

Note that this message will appear until all subscriptions are fully expired.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2023 9:19 AM in response to ermedina

Check your subscriptions (ignore the fact that it says this is for canceling) --> If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

To find out how to remove a payment method, and what to do if you can't remove your last payment method or use no payment method with your Apple ID, read this article --> Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

Ongoing subscriptions and Family Sharing organizers must always have a payment method present. To edit the cards used for those you may need to first add the new card and make it the primary payment method before removing the old card (see: If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support ).

Note that this message will appear until all subscriptions are fully expired.

A credit card is in my account, and there is 2 subscriptions that are inactive and i still cant take off the credit card.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.