How to find every AppleID where my email is being used

I am trying to setup my personal apple id on new phone. I keep getting 'email is used by another apple id.' I logged into icloud with my email address and removed all devices. I check my work apple id and couldn't find any reference to my personal email address. Is there a way to find out if there are any other apple id's that are somehow referencing my personal email address? I assume this is what is blocking my ability to use my personal apple id / email address on new phone.

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 11:29 AM

An email address can only be used for one Apple account, ever. If somebody else is using the email address for an Apple ID you are using now for email you will have to start a new email account to use as your Apple ID.

All Apple seems to say is: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

"If you see a message that the email address you want to use isn't available or is already in use, check that you or a family member aren't already using that email address with a different Apple ID. If a family member is using that email address, remove it from their account then try to use it."

It is conceivable that if your email service puts usernames back in the pool after a period of time you may have a secondhand address that was used with Apple before.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2023 11:29 AM in response to Community User

An email address can only be used for one Apple account, ever. If somebody else is using the email address for an Apple ID you are using now for email you will have to start a new email account to use as your Apple ID.

All Apple seems to say is: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

"If you see a message that the email address you want to use isn't available or is already in use, check that you or a family member aren't already using that email address with a different Apple ID. If a family member is using that email address, remove it from their account then try to use it."

It is conceivable that if your email service puts usernames back in the pool after a period of time you may have a secondhand address that was used with Apple before.

How to find every AppleID where my email is being used

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.