Trying to pair new Apple Watch.

Attempting to pair new Apple Watch to iPhone and it starts pairing as normal and then will immediately say that it is unpairing and eventually fails.

Apple Watch Series 1, watchOS 6

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 2:04 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering issues pairing your Apple Watch with your iPhone. Have you tried resetting both devices and then attempting to pair them again?

To reset your Apple Watch, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

To reset your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. After resetting both devices, try pairing them again and see if that resolves the issue.

If the problem persists, you may want to contact Apple Support for further assistance.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2023 2:04 PM in response to Meganfrey

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering issues pairing your Apple Watch with your iPhone. Have you tried resetting both devices and then attempting to pair them again?

To reset your Apple Watch, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

To reset your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. After resetting both devices, try pairing them again and see if that resolves the issue.

If the problem persists, you may want to contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Sep 14, 2023 1:29 AM in response to Tayden_Fung

Check your settings for any uninstalled IOS updates on both the watch and the phone. Both devices must be running the most current software updates before you can begin pairing.

New devices come with the original factory settings and software which was current as of the date of manufacture. Therefore any software updates released the post-manufacture date must ALL be installed. (I recall having to install one update after the next on my new series 8 watch. It took nearly four hours of installing software updates before I could begin the setup process).

Trying to pair new Apple Watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.