My iPhone can not connect to cellular data

My phone cannot connect to cellular data, how do I fix this problem

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 5:49 PM

gina291 Said:

"How do I fix the problem: My phone cannot connect to cellular data, how do I fix this problem"

-------

Troubleshooting Cellular Data:

A. "No Service":

Is "No Service" shown on the top-left corner of your screen? If so, go here to fix that: If you See No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

B. Installed an Update Prior to This?

If so, then go here: If you see a Cellular, Ultra Wideband, or Apple Pay Issue Message after an iOS Update or Restart - Apple Support

C. Contact your Carrier:

Having issues with Cellular, contact your Carrier, asking them to configure this to the correct settings. They configure all of this in the SIM card.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2023 5:49 PM in response to gina291

gina291 Said:

"How do I fix the problem: My phone cannot connect to cellular data, how do I fix this problem"

-------

Troubleshooting Cellular Data:

A. "No Service":

Is "No Service" shown on the top-left corner of your screen? If so, go here to fix that: If you See No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

B. Installed an Update Prior to This?

If so, then go here: If you see a Cellular, Ultra Wideband, or Apple Pay Issue Message after an iOS Update or Restart - Apple Support

C. Contact your Carrier:

Having issues with Cellular, contact your Carrier, asking them to configure this to the correct settings. They configure all of this in the SIM card.

Sep 6, 2023 6:24 PM in response to gina291

I’d start with an iOS update via Wi-Fi, if you’re really still running iOS 13 as indicated by the footer here.

iOS 16 is current for iPhone 8 Plus.

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you have an add-on VPN client installed, remove that too, and teat again.

Failing that and failing the manual carrier-settings update as was mentioned above, check with your carrier.

Then check with Apple Support.

My iPhone can not connect to cellular data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.