Is there a way for me too share my purchased apps with my son but have him responsible for his own

Can I set up purchase sharing so that I can share app purchases with my son but he pays for his own purchases.

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 9:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 9:43 PM

As long as your son has his own Apple ID account balance, all of his purchases will be payed by him, unless there is no balance left in his account:

If you're in a Family Sharing group, purchases that you make are charged to your personal Apple Account balance. If you don't have enough Apple Account balance to pay for the purchase, the remainder is charged to the family organizer if purchase sharing is turned on.

copied from: How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2023 9:43 PM in response to PappyDave

As long as your son has his own Apple ID account balance, all of his purchases will be payed by him, unless there is no balance left in his account:

If you're in a Family Sharing group, purchases that you make are charged to your personal Apple Account balance. If you don't have enough Apple Account balance to pay for the purchase, the remainder is charged to the family organizer if purchase sharing is turned on.

copied from: How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support

Is there a way for me too share my purchased apps with my son but have him responsible for his own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.