My iCloud storage is "full." How do I see what is stored IN iCloud?

I keep seeing the message that my iCloud storage is "full," and consider upgrading by paying for extra space.

I just want to see what is IN my iCloud storage, AND I would like to transfer it/download it to an external hard drive. I can't figure out HOW to see what is in my iCloud storage presently.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 10:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 8:48 AM

You can view synced data (e.g., iCloud Photos, iCloud Drive, etc) by using an internet browser and logging into www.icloud.com

You cannot view the contents of iCloud Backups of iPhones and iPads. Note that iCloud Backups are not the same thing as synced data and that synced data such as iCloud Photos etc are not also included in iCloud Backups.

Also see: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

and Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2023 8:48 AM in response to NanJW

You can view synced data (e.g., iCloud Photos, iCloud Drive, etc) by using an internet browser and logging into www.icloud.com

You cannot view the contents of iCloud Backups of iPhones and iPads. Note that iCloud Backups are not the same thing as synced data and that synced data such as iCloud Photos etc are not also included in iCloud Backups.

Also see: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

and Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

My iCloud storage is "full." How do I see what is stored IN iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.