Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

MacBook Pro Display issues

I am so tired of going to visit the Genius Bar constantly.

1) within a month of me purchasing MacBook Pro 14’ 2023, my display had a dead pixel.

2) after changing there were glue stains on the edge of the screen. Tried removing but can’t .

3) replaced the display and after a few weeks, the buttom left of my display seem to have liquid damage. Wasn’t sure what it was but there were bubble inside the screen.

4) replaced it and within a week, I seen different patches of black on my display when shut down. As thou there were bubbles inside.

Anybody knows how or what’s that?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 6:47 AM

Unfortunately, the only course of action for you is the Apple Store.

We cannot deal with physical issues; diagnosis via images is mostly a dead end road.

Dead pixels, and I've had many over the years, is generally something you just have to live with unless the Apple reps agree to a screen replacement. Yours don't seem to meet the replacement acceptance criteria to me: too few and too widely dispersed.

I hear you on constant store visits. At 77, I have pretty much weekly medical appointments. Life is tough; better than the alternative though.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2023 6:47 AM in response to Sj0706

Unfortunately, the only course of action for you is the Apple Store.

We cannot deal with physical issues; diagnosis via images is mostly a dead end road.

Dead pixels, and I've had many over the years, is generally something you just have to live with unless the Apple reps agree to a screen replacement. Yours don't seem to meet the replacement acceptance criteria to me: too few and too widely dispersed.

I hear you on constant store visits. At 77, I have pretty much weekly medical appointments. Life is tough; better than the alternative though.

MacBook Pro Display issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.