warrant repair refused

I have a pair of beats headphones. 8 months old. The extending part of the headband became loose. 2 screws have come out and disappeared.

I took the headphones back to Currys. They booked me in to a 3rd party authorised apple repairer. They contacted Apple and sent me this by email....

"I have had a chat with Apple and they have confirmed that we are unable to cover your Beats under a warrantable repair due to the missing screws. The only option we are able to provide would be shipping to Apple for repair at the cost of £189.

If you would not like to proceed, I can prepare your Beats for collection in-store."

£189 was the purchase price!!

I would have thought this should be covered under warranty!!

I have emailed asking for more detailed reasons as to why it is not covered but no response.

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 8:47 AM

Only an Apple Technician can determine, whether or not, this issue is due to a manufacturing defect ... which the one-year Apple limited warranty does cover.

Having screws missing could lead the person who inspected them to believe otherwise. However, I still think you should contact Apple Support directly for assistance with this matter. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

Alternately, you can try these links:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2023 8:47 AM in response to 125gamer

Only an Apple Technician can determine, whether or not, this issue is due to a manufacturing defect ... which the one-year Apple limited warranty does cover.

Having screws missing could lead the person who inspected them to believe otherwise. However, I still think you should contact Apple Support directly for assistance with this matter. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

Alternately, you can try these links:

warrant repair refused

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.