Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Is it possible to edit a received text messsage and re-send to another contact on my iPhone?

There are multiple received messages from the same sender. I would like to edit out the previous messages and re-send/or copy the most current message to another contact. this is on an IPhone 12

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 12:23 PM

Hello dppapple,

You can forward a selected message to another recipient using these steps: Forward and share messages on iPhone - Apple Support

You mentioned wanting to edit the message first. To do this, you will need to touch and hold the message bubble, then select copy. When you paste it in a new message, you'll be able to edit the copied message before sending.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2023 12:23 PM in response to dppapple

Hello dppapple,

You can forward a selected message to another recipient using these steps: Forward and share messages on iPhone - Apple Support

You mentioned wanting to edit the message first. To do this, you will need to touch and hold the message bubble, then select copy. When you paste it in a new message, you'll be able to edit the copied message before sending.

Take care.

Is it possible to edit a received text messsage and re-send to another contact on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.