You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purple faint spot on my screen

I just noticed this purple cluster that is quite faint to see on my screen. When I went into a black colored app I only can see the spot when I go in somewhere or view. Some thing that is darker colored and it’s purple spot appears. Is there a fix? Or did I damage my phone somehow?

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 8:14 PM

2 replies

Sep 7, 2023 8:36 PM in response to Laura027hi

Laura027hi Said:

"Purple faint spot on my screen: I just noticed this purple cluster that is quite faint to see on my screen. When I went into a black colored app I only can see the spot when I go in somewhere or view. Some thing that is darker colored and it’s purple spot appears. Is there a fix? Or did I damage my phone somehow?"

-------

Troubleshooting a Faint Spot on an iPhone:

Seems to be hardware issue. But, before making that assertion, try taking a screenshot, seeing if your still get this error. Look at the Photos in the Photos app: Take a Screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support. If this faint spot is seen, then it is an issue with he app. If not, then it is a hardware failure, and this must be taken further.

Purple faint spot on my screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.