App wont open

I accidentally pressed to erase data on app launch and now I can’t open the app . What can i do to be able to use the app again?

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 9:13 PM

monnika65 Said:

"App wont open: I accidentally pressed to erase data on app launch and now I can’t open the app . What can i do to be able to use the app again?"

-------

If an App Won't Open:

Seems you need to reinstall the app. So, what's the app? Is it a builtin app? Or is it a third-party app?

A. Contact the Developer:

If a third-party app, then you need to contact the Developer, asking them for assistance with this. You'll find their Contact Us info in the app's site of the App Store.

B. Restore from Today's Backup:

Restore your iPhone from a backup of it that does not have this occurrence, and you could recover the data and app. Note that the backup would have to be of the same iOS version as what is currently installed; iOS version cannot be downgraded.

B. Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when this all occurred, and how you've troubleshot it, thus far. Include the URL of this post.
  4. Proceed from there as necessa
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2023 9:13 PM in response to monnika65

monnika65 Said:

"App wont open: I accidentally pressed to erase data on app launch and now I can’t open the app . What can i do to be able to use the app again?"

-------

If an App Won't Open:

Seems you need to reinstall the app. So, what's the app? Is it a builtin app? Or is it a third-party app?

A. Contact the Developer:

If a third-party app, then you need to contact the Developer, asking them for assistance with this. You'll find their Contact Us info in the app's site of the App Store.

B. Restore from Today's Backup:

Restore your iPhone from a backup of it that does not have this occurrence, and you could recover the data and app. Note that the backup would have to be of the same iOS version as what is currently installed; iOS version cannot be downgraded.

B. Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when this all occurred, and how you've troubleshot it, thus far. Include the URL of this post.
  4. Proceed from there as necessa

App wont open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.