Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

L camera malfunctioning

My camera just started malfunctioning and I received the unknown part message. What do I need to do to fix this?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 9:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 11:20 PM

It will get activated as soon as you get the Camera replaced with a genuine one through an Apple Authorised Service center.

The link on top of this page which you had visited, before posting this question here, is shown under the "Related Article” that may have given you an answer.

You need to mention which part of the article was not clear to you.

Parts and service history

With iPhone 12 models and later using iOS 15.2 and later, you can go to Settings > General > About to see the parts and service history of your iPhone and you can see if the camera has been replaced. If the repair was done using genuine Apple parts and processes, you will see "Genuine Apple Part" next to Camera.

• You will see an Unknown Part  message if the camera installation is incomplete or if the camera:
  • Was replaced with a nongenuine camera
  • Was already used or installed in another iPhone
  • Isn't functioning as expected

This message doesn't affect your ability to use your iPhone or access your camera.

Learn more about iPhone parts and service history.

If your iPhone's camera has been previously replaced, repaired, or serviced by an unauthorized service provider, it's worth noting that Apple may decline to provide service for your device. The decision to refuse service will depend on the specific components that were affected by the unauthorized service.

Get a Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Contact Genius Bar.

Manage Reservations - My Reservations - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2023 11:20 PM in response to All4brats

It will get activated as soon as you get the Camera replaced with a genuine one through an Apple Authorised Service center.

The link on top of this page which you had visited, before posting this question here, is shown under the "Related Article” that may have given you an answer.

You need to mention which part of the article was not clear to you.

Parts and service history

With iPhone 12 models and later using iOS 15.2 and later, you can go to Settings > General > About to see the parts and service history of your iPhone and you can see if the camera has been replaced. If the repair was done using genuine Apple parts and processes, you will see "Genuine Apple Part" next to Camera.

• You will see an Unknown Part  message if the camera installation is incomplete or if the camera:
  • Was replaced with a nongenuine camera
  • Was already used or installed in another iPhone
  • Isn't functioning as expected

This message doesn't affect your ability to use your iPhone or access your camera.

Learn more about iPhone parts and service history.

If your iPhone's camera has been previously replaced, repaired, or serviced by an unauthorized service provider, it's worth noting that Apple may decline to provide service for your device. The decision to refuse service will depend on the specific components that were affected by the unauthorized service.

Get a Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Contact Genius Bar.

Manage Reservations - My Reservations - Apple

L camera malfunctioning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.